Happy day! Remember waaaay back in January when I said one of my 2014 goals was to create more recipes? Yeah, I’ve shared all of ONE recipe with you so far this year. #BloggerFail. But today I have a pretty tasty recipe that I think you’ll enjoy – Broccoli, Potato, and Turkey Sausage Quiche! Happy WIAW!
I know I usually say I hate leftovers, but quiche is the exception to the rule. I love making a quiche on the weekends and bringing it in for lunch at work all the week. The great thing about quiche is that it is so versatile – there are so many different ways to make it, but it’s always pretty easy to make!
This time around I decided to make something pretty simple – and what is better than broccoli, potatoes, and turkey sausage?
- 1 store bought pie crust (I use Pillsbury)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- ½ c half and half
- 1½ c yellow potatoes, boiled and diced
- 1½ c broccoli, boiled and diced
- 1 c smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- ¾ c cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out pie crust and put in pie pan, let sit while you prep food.
- Begin boiling pot of water; add potatoes.
- About 5 minutes before potatoes are soft, add broccoli and turkey sausage to water.
- Drain and let cool for 5 minutes.
- While potatoes are boiling, beat 6 eggs in small bowl. Add half and half and cheese.
- When cooled, add potatoes, broccoli, and turkey sausage in pie plate. Pour eggs, half and half, and cheese over the food to cover. Mix well.
- Bake for 20 minutes; take out when top begins to brown.
Pretty easy to make, huh? Boiling the potatoes, broccoli, and turkey sausage definitely eases up on how much prep work you’re doing (and saves the calories of sautéing!).
Step Three – Eat Up!
Enjoy! You can eat hot or cold, but I prefer eating warm with a cup of coffee!
- Favorite type of quiche to make?